Advocate® fleas, heartworm and worms
Monthly application of Advocate spot-on flea, heartworm and worm treatment helps protect cats and dogs against a broad spectrum of parasites.
An easy-to-use spot-on, Advocate is applied monthly to help rid your pet of existing parasites and to provide ongoing protection. The powerful ingredients in Advocate provide fast relief from fleas, prevent deadly heartworm and protect both your pet and your family from the most common intestinal nematode worms including roundworms and hookworms.
After application, the active ingredient imidacloprid spreads across the skin and coat, killing existing fleas within 12 hours. After this time, re-infesting fleas are affected by the active ingredient in 3-5 minutes and killed within 1 hour, on contact and without the need for a blood meal. Imidacloprid is shed into the environment as your pet sheds the skin and fur, killing flea larvae within 20 minutes. This breaks the flea lifecycle.
- Make sure your pet is standing during treatment.
- For cats: part the fur on the back of the head and place the tip of the tube on the skin. Squeeze the tube firmly twice, and apply the solution directly on the skin.
- For dogs: part the coat and place the tip of the tube on the skin between the shoulder blades. Squeeze the tube firmly twice, and apply the solution directly on the skin. If your dog is larger than 25 kg, apply the treatment by dividing the dose between the shoulder blades, on the midline of the back between the hips, and at one point in between.
- Avoid applying the treatment near the eyes or mouth area as this may cause irritation.
- Record the treatment date and repeat monthly as required.
Advocate flea and worm treatment is for external use on cats and dogs, kittens from 9 weeks and puppies from 7 weeks of age.
100 g/L Imidacloprid
Cats - 10 g/L Moxidectin
Dogs – 25 g/L Moxidectin
Avoid contact with your eyes when using this product. If the product does enter your eye, wash it out immediately with water. Wash your hands after each application. If swallowed, call the Poisons Information Centre at 131126.
After use, replace the cap on the tube. Dispose of used tubes and packaging by wrapping them in paper and place them in your garbage bin.