Seresto® is a breakthrough in flea and tick protection, providing up to 8 months of continuous protection from fleas and 4 months continuous protection from ticks for dogs.
Directions for Use
- Remove collar from protective pouch immediately before use.
- Unroll collar and remove plastic connectors remaining on the inside edge of the collar.
- Tighten until two fingers fit between the collar and your dog’s neck.
Seresto® can be worn alongside normal collars, as they won't interfere with the efficacy of Seresto®.
Imidacloprid 100 mg/g
Flumethrin 45 mg/g
How Seresto® works
- Active ingredients (actives) are integrated into Seresto®’s innovative polymer matrix.
- Low doses of these actives are released from the matrix as needed over time and migrate into the lipid (fatty/oily) layer of your dog’s skin and hair.
- Actives are not significantly absorbed through the skin, but remain within the naturally water resistant, lipid layer of the skin and hair – so your dog can still enjoy the water.^
- The actives in the skin and hair of your pet kill fleas and ticks on contact therefore not relying on them having to bite your dog.
- The hair and dead skin that your dog sheds naturally each day contain small amounts of actives, enough to kill flea larvae that may live in your dog’s surroundings.
Application site reactions such as dermatitis, inflammation, eczema or lesions may occur and in these instances, a temporary collar removal may be recommended until the symptoms have disappeared. In the unlikely event of the animal eating the collar mild gastrointestinal symptoms (e.g. loose stools) may occur.Paralysis Tick
The Paralysis tick (Ixodes holocyclus) is a potentially deadly parasite and difficult to control. While SERESTO® controls paralysis ticks for 4 months, the risk of tick paralysis cannot be entirely eliminated as it takes only one adult female tick to cause tick paralysis/poisoning. Therefore, daily searching for and removal of any ticks found is recommended.
Seresto® is safe for your pet, family and the environment. A ratchet-release mechanism gives way to open the collar when a force is applied on the Seresto® collar.
Additionally, in the small dog collar a predetermined breaking point gives way at a higher force thereby providing a second layer of protection.
Is Seresto® safe for puppies?
Yes, it can be used in puppies from 7 weeks of age.
If poisoning occurs contact a doctor or Poisons Information Centre. Phone Australia 13 11 26
Dispose of empty container by wrapping in paper and placing in garbage.
Protect your dog with a new, innovative, gold-standard collar.
Seresto® works to treat and prevent flea infestations by killing adult fleas on your dog and flea larvae in their surroundings for up to 8 months.
Seresto® kills adult ticks, including the deadly Australian paralysis tick as well as brown dog and bush ticks for 4 months. Seresto® also kills juvenile stages (larvae and nymphs) of brown dog ticks
Using Seresto® can also help protect your dog and family against more than just parasites…
In Australia, fleas and ticks can carry diseases that can be passed on to your pet, and sometimes your family. Unlike other products, because Seresto® works without fleas and ticks having to bite, it can also reduce the potential spread of these potentially life-threatening diseases to your dog.
What makes Seresto® different from other flea and tick collars?
Seresto® harnesses innovative technology, which allows for controlled-release of low doses of actives, maximising safety and long-term efficacy in dogs. Seresto® has also overcome the challenges of conventional flea or tick collars, to be water-resistant^ and odourless.
- Seresto® is safe for your pet, family and the environment
- Seresto® is the convenient way to ensure continuous protection
- Seresto® kills parasites without them having to bite, unlike some products
- Seresto® is also water-resistant^ and odourless